THE TANGO OF BUENOS AIRES
FOR STUDENTS WHO PLAN CONSISTENT WEEKLY ATTENDANCE, LONG-TERM (Not “Just Once in a While”)
NO PARTNER NECESSARY
A great 2-hour session Tango at an intermediate & advanced level. The class is designed for students who plan consistent and weekly attendance. This class enters into the heart & soul of tango and is intended for students who have already studied their basics & fundamentals, and who are now ready to move forward. Students must have already achieved at least an intermediate level of proficiency. The basics will not be “retaught” (beginners should attend my “Sunday Tango Beginners’ Boot Camp” held every Sunday from 7 to 10 pm). Attendees must be willing to make a big commitment to regular, weekly, long-term attendance (not just “once in a while”).
This workshop enters into the heart & soul of tango and is intended for students who have already studied their basics & fundamentals, and who are now ready to move forward. Students must have already achieved at least an intermediate level of proficiency. The basics will not be “retaught” (beginners should attend my “Sunday Tango Beginners’ Boot Camp” held every Sunday from 7 to 10 pm). Attendees must be willing to make a big commitment to regular, weekly, long-term attendance (not just “once in a while”).
INSTRUCTOR: PAUL PALMINTERE
A long-time Tango Veteran from Southern California, and is among the most highly qualified of tango instructors. He was a founder of the large Los Angeles Tango Community in 1986. He brings 30 years of training & experience to this dance and has been a major instructor since 1994. He has trained extensively with a great many of the famous instructors of Buenos Aires. A highly experienced and respected teacher, Paul is well-remembered for his pioneering classes throughout Southern California: Hollywood, Burbank, Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, Redlands, San Bernardino, and Palm Springs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
VOLUME DISCOUNT TANGO CLASS CARDS:
We now offer Volume Discount Tango Class Cards, good for our entire Tango Program, that will afford students a substantial discount — a 10-Class Tango Card for $150 (cash) or $160 (check). For inquiries and more information about Volume Discount Tango Class Cards, contact Paul Palmintere at TangoTutor@Cox.Net or (702) 463-1253.
IN-PERSON PURCHASES FROM VENDORS OR BRICK-AND-MORTAR STORES FOR TANGO SHOES ARE ALWAYS BEST:
When it comes to Tango shoes, it is always best to purchase them in-person from a vendor, or at an old-fashioned brick-and-mortar store, in order to ensure that the shoes fit properly.
In the Las Vegas Valley, there are some local shoe stores that I can recommend. First, there is a discount store near Eastern & Sunset that seems to have the best prices:
1) DANCE 4 LESS, DISCOUNT DANCE SHOES & DANCEWEAR, 2700 E. Patrick Ln., Las Vegas, NV 89120. This is at the corner of Patrick Ln. and Harrison, just east of Eastern Ave., and north of Sunset, near a Walmart Super Center. They are open till 6pm, I believe. Phone: (702) 262-7946, email: Service@Dance4Less.Com, and website: www.Dance4Less.Com. If you mention that you study dance at Step By Step Studio @ The Stage in Anthem, you will receive a discount.
2) You might also want to try: JUDY’S DANCE SHOPPE, which has been recommended by some of my students, 2762 N. Green Valley Pkwy., Henderson, NV 89014. Their hours are Mon-Sat 10-6, and Sunday 11-3. Phone: (702) 450-7900, and website: www.JudysDance.Com.
3) You might also want to check out STAR COSTUME & THEATRICAL SUPPLY (they carry “Coast Ballroom Shoes”), 3230 S. Valley View (at the northwest corner of Valley View & Desert Inn), Las Vegas, NV 89102. Phone: (702) 731-5041, and email: StarCostume@Yahoo.Com . They are open Mon-Sat 10am to 6pm.
Spend some time at the store, and make sure the shoes fit properly before purchasing them.
PURCHASING TANGO SHOES ONLINE:
For shoes purchased online, I can recommend 2 sites for Tango shoes:
1) Yolanda Rossi, in Glendale, CA, is a wonderful Tango clothes designer, and imports the best Tango shoes from Buenos Aires and Europe. She is also a wonderful dancer & person from Buenos Aires, and a former Tango partner of mine. You can visit her website, www.TangoSplash.Com, and I believe she may even have an alternate site just for shoes alone. You can email her at ShoesByYolanda@TangoSplash.Com
2) In Tucson, AZ, contact Shelli’s Shoes; she has a fine reputation, and is recommended by pioneering Tango instructors Danel & Maria, who publish “The Tango Times” magazine. Visit Shelli’s website: www.ShoesByShelli.Com. You can email her at LittleTango@Cox.Net. Her phone is (520) 749-0266.
NOTE: Please keep in mind that sometimes shoes ordered online have to be returned because they don’t fit perfectly; each shoe company seems to measure sizes differently. Therefore, ask about the site’s return policy. Ask If you can be sent several different sizes, and keep the ones that fit, and return the ones that don’t.
PLEASE SHARE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WITH YOUR FRIENDS