COUPLES & SINGLES AT ALL LEVELS WELCOME (Beginners, Intermediates, & Advanced)
NO PARTNER NECESSARY
NOTE: My “Practica” Contains a Lot of Instruction & Assistance, and Is a 3-Hour Session
VOLUME DISCOUNT TANGO CLASS CARDS
I now offer a Volume Discount Tango Class Card, good for our entire Tango Program, including “Wednesday Tango Practice Night,” that will afford students a substantial discount: a 10-Class Tango Card for $150 (cash) or $160 (check). For inquiries and more information about Volume Discount Tango Class Cards, contact Paul Palmintere at TangoTutor@Cox.Net or (702) 463-1253.
INSTRUCTOR: PAUL PALMINTERE
A long-time Tango Veteran from Southern California, and is among the most highly qualified of tango instructors. He was a founder of the large Los Angeles Tango Community in 1986. He brings 30 years of training & experience to this dance, and has been a major instructor since 1994. He has trained extensively with a great many of the famous instructors of Buenos Aires. A highly experienced and respected teacher, Paul is well-remembered for his pioneering classes throughout Southern California: Hollywood, Burbank, Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, Redlands, San Bernardino, and Palm Springs.
FOR QUESTIONS & INFORMATION, CONTACT:
I Will Be Happy to Assist You with Any of Your Questions or Problems Regarding Tango, Milonga, & Vals. I “Work the Dance Floor” All Night Long to Help You, at Your Request, with Anything You Wish to Revisit: Basics & Fundamentals, Leading & Following, Dance Technique, and Reviewing Dance Steps at All Levels.
Contains Class Schedule, Information, Special Events, Photos from the Past, and More!
WHAT IS A “PRACTICA”?
Attending the “Practica” is the secret to getting good at Tango. This is a dance activity rather unique to the World of Tango.
A “Practica” is a practice session for Authentic Argentine Tango, Milonga, & Vals. It is not a dance class, nor a social dance party; rather, it is an informal session at a dance studio that allows students to review, practice, ask for help, exchange ideas with others, make mistakes, seek corrections, and generally explore the many variations & possibilities on any given theme in Tango, Milonga, and Vals. The lights are up, the music is low, and the dancing is start-and-stop. Usually there is a “guide,” host, or organizer present to help you, at your request, with things that you may need to work on: everything from leading & following and dance technique, to reviewing material that you have studied in the past.
I “work the dance floor” all night for you, to assist you, at your request, with anything you may want to work on in Tango, Milonga, or Vals: basics, fundamentals, exercises, dance technique, leading & following, music & timing, reviewing patterns, etc.
Attending the “Practica” on a regular, weekly basis is critical to mastering Tango. Students & dancers (and particularly men) can never truly achieve any level of proficiency unless they attend “Practicas” regularly every week.
“Tangueros” (Tango enthusiasts) in Las Vegas are simply not dancing tango enough, compared to their counterparts in other cities. So, I hope you will all add another dance evening to your Tango schedule, and reserve your Wednesday evenings for this important “practica.” Join the best Tango dancers in our Las Vegas Tango Community to establish Wednesday night as a new Tango tradition:
“Wednesday Tango Practice Night at Step By Step Studio @ The Stage in Anthem.”
IN-PERSON PURCHASES FROM VENDORS OR BRICK-AND-MORTAR STORES FOR TANGO SHOES ARE ALWAYS BEST:
When it comes to Tango shoes, it is always best to purchase them in-person from a vendor, or at an old-fashioned brick-and-mortar store, in order to ensure that the shoes fit properly.
In the Las Vegas Valley, there are some local shoe stores that I can recommend. First, there is a discount store near Eastern & Sunset that seems to have the best prices:
1) DANCE 4 LESS, DISCOUNT DANCE SHOES & DANCEWEAR, 2700 E. Patrick Ln., Las Vegas, NV 89120. This is at the corner of Patrick Ln. and Harrison, just east of Eastern Ave., and north of Sunset, near a Walmart Super Center. They are open till 6pm, I believe. Phone: (702) 262-7946, email: Service@Dance4Less.Com, and website: www.Dance4Less.Com. If you mention that you study dance at Step By Step Studio @ The Stage in Anthem, you will receive a discount.
2) You might also want to try: JUDY’S DANCE SHOPPE, which has been recommended by some of my students, 2762 N. Green Valley Pkwy., Henderson, NV 89014. Their hours are Mon-Sat 10-6, and Sunday 11-3. Phone: (702) 450-7900, and website: www.JudysDance.Com.
3) You might also want to check out STAR COSTUME & THEATRICAL SUPPLY (they carry “Coast Ballroom Shoes”), 3230 S. Valley View (at the northwest corner of Valley View & Desert Inn), Las Vegas, NV 89102. Phone: (702) 731-5041, and email: StarCostume@Yahoo.Com . They are open Mon-Sat 10am to 6pm.
Spend some time at the store, and make sure the shoes fit properly before purchasing them.
PURCHASING TANGO SHOES ONLINE:
For shoes purchased online, I can recommend 2 sites for Tango shoes:
1) Yolanda Rossi, in Glendale, CA, is a wonderful Tango clothes designer, and imports the best Tango shoes from Buenos Aires and Europe. She is also a wonderful dancer & person from Buenos Aires, and a former Tango partner of mine. You can visit her website, www.TangoSplash.Com, and I believe she may even have an alternate site just for shoes alone. You can email her at ShoesByYolanda@TangoSplash.Com
2) In Tucson, AZ, contact Shelli’s Shoes; she has a fine reputation, and is recommended by pioneering Tango instructors Danel & Maria, who publish “The Tango Times” magazine. Visit Shelli’s website: www.ShoesByShelli.Com. You can email her at LittleTango@Cox.Net. Her phone is (520) 749-0266.
NOTE: Please keep in mind that sometimes shoes ordered online have to be returned because they don’t fit perfectly; each shoe company seems to measure sizes differently. Therefore, ask about the site’s return policy. Ask If you can be sent several different sizes, and keep the ones that fit, and return the ones that don’t.
PLEASE SHARE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WITH YOUR FRIENDS